Reblogged from Growing Food and Sustainability
We just finished week 3 of our very first CSA (Community Support Agriculture) program ever! Take a look at what our 11 CSA members have enjoyed so far this summer, plus recipe ideas for you to try at home!
Week 1: green onions, a garlic scape, red russian kale, chives, red onions, and salad mix (lettuce and pea shoots)
- Herb Cheese Log (with Chives)
- Herbed Potato Latkes (with Chives and Red Onions)
- Recipe Ideas for Garlic Scapes
Week 2: kale, purslane, garlic scapes, salad mix (lettuce, beet greens, and baby swiss chard), and cilantro. Cilantro was generously donated by our friends at FH King Students for Sustainable Agriculture, the UW student farm that our program director, Natalie, also works for!
Week 3: kale, garlic scapes, lettuce mix, Swiss chard, chives, snap peas, broccoli greens, and mint
- One of our CSA members recommended this Garlic Scape Carbonara recipe.
- Never eaten broccoli greens before? Cook them like you would collards or try-out this recipe for Sauteed Broccoli Greens. Let us know what you think!
Enjoy your eating 🙂
The Youth Farm Team